Who We Are
Broadway Veterinary Clinic (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Broadway Veterinary Clinic’s registered office is at Broadway Veterinary Clinic, 1077 Garratt Lane, Tooting, London, SW17 0LN, UK.
Our designated Responsible Person for the organisation is the Practice Manager, and we can be contacted at Broadway Veterinary Clinic, 1077 Garratt Lane, Tooting, London, SW17 0LN, UK.
Information That We Collect
Broadway Veterinary Clinic processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: –
• Home Address
• Personal Email
• Home Telephone Number
• Work Telephone Number
• Mobile Telephone Number
• Pet Insurance Company details (if applicable)
We collect information in the below ways: –
On our website through the following online forms:
• Make an enquiry
In our practice:
• Registration Form(s)
• Admission Form (for strays or wildlife)
How We Use Your Personal Data (Lawful Basis of Processing)
Broadway Veterinary Clinic takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
• We collect your personal data in order to meet our contractual obligations in providing veterinary care
• Where we have a public task in the public interest that is set out in law
• We have a legitimate interest in sending you preventative healthcare reminders by email or SMS if your pet has had flea, tick, worming or other periodically required preventative healthcare
• We have a legitimate interest in sending you news, promotions and product and service offers available from the Practice for the health and welfare of your pet(s)
You have the right to access any personal information that Broadway Veterinary Clinic processes about you and to request information about: –
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly form you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Broadway Veterinary Clinic uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
N2 Group Ltd
• N2 Group Ltd provide us with our SMS and email reminder system. They act in the capacity of a processor on our behalf because they send out our reminders to you on our behalf. The information we send to N2 Group Ltd is your name, email, home and mobile phone number.
• For more information about N2 Group Ltd, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.n2group.co.uk
Internet Power LLP
• Internet Power LLP provide us with our website hosting and website enquiry form processing
• For more information about Internet Power LLP, please read their Privacy Notice at https://internetpower.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Broadway Veterinary Clinic takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
• Valid and up to date SSL certificates to protect the personal data you submit from our website
• An Information Security Policy and Data Protection Policy that sets out how we manage the security of your personal data
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Broadway Veterinary Clinic, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will only be able to provide first aid and pain relief as required of us by the code of conduct of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Broadway Veterinary Clinic only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Promotions & Offers
As part of our service to you, Broadway Veterinary Clinic would like to occasionally contact you with details of the services/competitions/promotions/newsletters that we provide. We will use the contact details you have given us for these purposes. You have the right to opt out/unsubscribe at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe option we provide, or by contacting The Practice Manager (email@example.com) directly.
Lodging A Complaint
Broadway Veterinary Clinic only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Broadway Veterinary Clinic
The Practice Manager
1077 Garratt Lane
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF